Week 10 – Lesson 3: Free
Your mission, should you choose to accept it…
Instead of looking at additives, today we are looking at removals, in particular gluten, fat and sugar.
Why is this important?
- Gluten, fat and even sugar occur naturally in certain products. Gluten, for example, provides the stretchiness in pasta and bread. So how is pasta and bread made without the gluten – is it really that healthy?
- If a product such as yogurt naturally has fat in it, what makes it thick when it is ‘fat free’?
- There is a whole world of ‘diet’ and ‘sugar free’ products out there – what makes then sweet?
What you actually need to do:
- Take a look at the Lesson download
- Hopefully, by now there are no gluten free, fat free or sugar free labelled products left in your kitchen. Which of these products did you purchase previously with the intention of helping with weight loss or being a healthier option?
- Record your new choices in your fertility journal.